A trip with the wine bus
Take the wine route from the Slovenian coast, along the hills to Marezige, where the first wine fountain in Slovenia and the oldest vineyard in Europe is located. The wine bus travels 10 km through the vineyards of Slovenian Istria to the panoramic point where the view of the sea and the alpine peaks opens up.
Wine bus 1
- Visiting the largest VINAKOPER wine cellar and tasting 2 samples.
- Driving a vintage American bus along the Wine Road
- Walk around the Škocjan Bay and see the animals there
- Bus drive to Marezige, where the first WINE FONTAIN stands. A tasting of the best Istrian cheese awaits you at the fountain overlooking the beautiful Slovenian coast.
- Take the bus back to the starting point.
Wine bus 2
- Our journey starts with a bus which will take us to a tour of KOPER. A stop follows to see the Old Town and the TOMOS MUSEUM.
- Then we continue along the olive road, towards the BABIČ oil mill, to have a taste of the oil.
- Continue to Marezige to the FIRST WINE FOUNTAIN in Slovenia. Here, admiring the panorama of the Slovenian coast, you can taste the best homemade Istrian cheese.
- The bus will take you back to the starting point.
Customize your trip
- Options: wine fontain, tour of the oldest stone EU vineyard, visiting Vinakoper cellar and wine degustation, sightseeing of saltpans, visiting Lisjak’s oil mill and olive oil degustation, visit to the oldest village in Slovenian Istria with cold cuts, visit to the port of Koper, tour of Koper historic center and tower, fun with the accordion player, lunch at Karjola Marezige restaurant, visit to the Santomas Castle and Winery, dinner at Karjola Restaurant.
Hire the legendary American bus for an all-day trip (groups, hiking trips, …).
We can travel all over Slovenia.
It is not possible to rent a bus without a driver.
Restaurant Karjola is 1 minute walking distance from the wine fountain.
Visit it and enjoy home-cooked meals.
If you arrive at the fountain with a WINE BUS, you can pre-order for lunch / dinner.